GO SKATE DAY JUNE 20 - JINGILI WATER GARDENS, DARWIN NT
GO SKATE DAY 2021.
*This page will be updated with further information and activity times. Keep watching.
Come one, come all on your skatey, skates or scooter to the Jingili Water Gardens between 2-6pm on Sunday June 20. Darwin Skate School is hosting some amazing skate activities for FREE thanks to LAUNCH Darwin, City of Darwin and our traditional owners of Larrakia Country.
Darwin and surrounds has a vibrant skating community. It's time for us to get together young and not as young, and show off our amazing lifestyle.
1. Park Cruise
Take an organised cruise around the outer path of the gardens. There will be more than one, and its a perfect opportunity for those who can skate stably at walking speed to enjoy the serenity. Suitable for most ages
For those with a bit more stability and readiness. How do you manage a hill without loosing control? Our coaches will show you how.
3. Rhythm Dance
Be sure to check out our pop up rhythm sessions. Our coaches will show you some of their favourite basic moves that will have you grooving in no time. This station will also share space with our littlest of skaters and alternate sessions for them...Don't miss this one!
Darwin Roller Girls are mixing up some yum yums so support your local roller derby league and snack out at the park.
Got something funky happening with those bearings or trucks? Not sure how to fix things, or what all those parts are? Stop by and ask a pro to check it out and show you how.
Other features of Jingili Water Gardens
The Jingili Skate Park will be open as always. Most ideal for those ready for ramps and aware of their surroundings. Skate Parks can get very fast!
Practice your own skating along some of our favourite sections of path.
Keep an eye out for roaming coaches who can give you tips.
Participants are required to register for activities on the day and doing so extends to your acknowledgement and understanding of the
Darwin Skate School Terms & Conditions (click link to read)
Disclaimer specific to this event
Darwin Skate School advises that this event is at your own risk. We advise that all children under the age of 17 are legally required to wear a helmet. Helmets and pads are always advised for every skater.
1. Participants joining these stations are advised to have the basic skills necessary to partake in activities. These are not 'learn to skate' classes.
2. Darwin Skate school coaches are not responsible for supervising children. Care givers must remain in close proximity to the planned activity in case of incident. Please ensure you child has access to a water at all times.
3. Any first aid requirements must be reported to a Darwin Skate School Coach or to the main information/first aid desk.
4. Outside use may scratch/damage personal equipment. Place of purchase is not responsible for wear and tear of products, please consider purchasing toeguards which will minimalise the damage to vinyl surfaces or DIY using instructions like this
5. Please ensure you consider each station for the skater participating. For example, skate parks are fast paced environments built and designed specifically for trick skating. Collision impact is a real likelyhood and small children, or those unfamiliar with how a skatepark works, are at increased risk of causing and receiving injury.
eg: A beginner skate park user is very different to a beginner skater.
eg: A beginner on hills needs to know how to skate on flat ground reasonably well.
eg: Path skaters should keep left at all times, assist your children to do their best.
Please read more at https://www.darwinskateschool.com.au/skate-parks-etiquette
This City of Darwin/Darwin Skate School event is drug free, this includes alcohol and tobacco. Parental/ guardian supervision recommended for skaters aged 12 and younger.
🤘 All disciplines (skates, scoot, bmx, rip-sticks and skateboards), all ages and all skills levels welcome.
🦠 COVID19 Considerations:
1 | ALL participants will be required to check in for contact tracing. This information will remain private and will only be shared with the health authorities if necessary.
2 | Participants are asked to wash or sanitise their hands on arrival and as they move between activity zones. Hand sanitiser provided.
3 | Please consider physical distancing where possible.
4 | DO NOT ATTEND if you are feeling ill or displaying flu-like symptoms.